Position: 8th Grade Math/Science Teacher at Windsor Middle School. Starting August 6, 2012. Must hold a Colorado license and be Highly Qualified in BOTH Math and Science by endorsement or credit hours.
Salary range: $32,620 - $50,848 based on education and work experience.
Bachelor’s degree required
Valid Colorado Teaching License
Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, and staff.
Demonstrates organizational and communication skills.
Working knowledge of the subject matter assigned, classroom management, best practices and strategies, students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Annually as approved by the Board of Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shall be knowledgeable about strategies, planning practices, assessment techniques and appropriate accommodations to ensure student learning in a standards-based classroom.
- Elementary teacher is knowledgeable in literacy and mathematics and other core content areas.
- Secondary school teacher is knowledgeable in literacy and mathematics and an expert in their content endorsement area.
- Shall enhance content instruction with a thorough understanding of District and State content standards.
- Integrate literacy into content area instruction.
- Knowledgeable about classroom practice in order to successfully facilitate the learning environment, manage time, communications, and record keeping procedures that will support and enhance student learning.
- Communicates with students, families, and colleagues concerning student academic and behavioral progress.
- Employs a wide range of teaching techniques to match the intellectual, emotional, and social level of each student, and chooses alternative teaching strategies and materials to achieve different curricular purposes.
- Collects data on individual student achievement and is accountable for each child’s learning.
- Shall be knowledgeable about student electronic database and grading software.
- Review and apply individualized education programs, individual literacy plans, or advance learning plans.
- Shall be skilled in technology and is knowledgeable about using technology to support instruction and enhance student learning in a standards-based classroom.
- Upholds all policies, rules and regulations, standards, and expectations that may be established by the Board of Education, state and federal authorities, and immediate supervisor.
- Maintains records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations in a timely and confidential manner.
- Demonstrates professional cooperative relationship with others.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attends staff meetings, serves on committees, and attends workshops or in-service training activities.
- Weld RE-4 employees shall comply with standard practices and ethical conduct toward information and information technology, students, professional colleagues, school officials, parents, and members of the community. In conscientiously conducting his or her affairs, the employee shall exemplify the highest standards of professional commitment.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the immediate Supervisor, Superintendent, or Board of Education.
SALARY: Determined by placement on salary schedule as approved by the Board of Education.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Building Principal
EVALUATION: As specified in Policy GCOA and appropriate rules and procedures.