Olmsted Falls City Schools has an opening for a Cleaner at the Olmsted Falls Intermediate School for the 2012-2013 school year.
Hourly Rate Range: $12.90 - $13.96 per hour
Range of Approximate Hours: Days/Hours as assigned
Vacated Position = 6.0 hours per day
Function of Job
Under the general supervision of the office of the Superintendent or his designee, the immediate supervision of the Head Custodian, and/or custodian (when applicable i.e. night shift), the direction of the Principal to perform custodial work for the routine care, maintenance, protection and preservation of the assigned building, its contents, grounds and to do other work that might be assigned.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sweep, mop and vacuum classrooms, offices, corridors, and kitchen floor in an
2. Clean desks, furniture, table, chairs, sinks, chalkboards and pencil sharpeners in
classrooms, offices and conference rooms in an assigned area.
3. Dust desks, furniture, tables, chairs, window-sills, and other horizontal surfaces
in classrooms, offices and conference rooms in an assigned area.
4. Disinfect toilet and fittings, partitions, walls, sinks, seats in the restrooms in an
5. Mop floors with disinfectant in the restrooms in an assigned area.
6. Fill dispensers in classrooms and restrooms in an assigned area.
7. Clean drinking fountain with disinfectant in an assigned area.
8. Report in writing to the Head Custodian items or conditions in assigned area that is
in need of repair or replacement.
9. Request in writing the need for repairs to cleaning equipment, and need for
10. Lock windows, doors, and gates, and set the security alarm in an assigned area.
11. Perform other such duties that are job related.
Supervision Received and Given
Oral and written instructions are received from the local Head Custodian and/or custodian (when applicable i.e. night shift) and the Principal. The Head Custodian and/or custodian (when applicable i.e. night shift) supervises the cleaner.
Qualifications and General Responsibilities
A. Be in good physical condition and physically and mentally capable of performing
the required work.
B. Pass prescribed skill tests as required by the local school district and/or the
Possess appropriate license or certificate.
C. Have the ability to communicate, work cooperatively with others, get along well
with students, parents, citizens and other school personnel.
D. Have the ability to use discretion in dealing with the public and to protect a
positive image of the local schools.
E. Be safety conscious at all times.
F. Possess the willingness to work, display initiative, assume responsibility, and take
pride in work.
G. Be of high moral character, dependable, industrious, and exercise good judgment
and refrain from using objectionable language.
H. Possess a positive attitude toward learning and following directions while on the
I. Maintain a personal appearance that is commensurate with the job to be
J. Have a belief in public education and a concern for the future and welfare of
K. Protect school property insofar as possible, from damage and loss through fire,
theft, vandalism and deterioration.
L. Observe the policies and practices of the local schools.
“The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District”
Click "Apply" button in the upper right corner of this posting to fill in your application or apply on-line at http://www.ofcs.net (Click on "Employment")
For current Olmsted Falls School Staff:
Please send letter of interest to:
Mr. Timothy Atkinson, Director of Business Affairs
P.O. Box 38010
Olmsted Falls, OH 44138
The Olmsted Falls City School District hereby gives notice that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, equal pay, national origin, disability, age and genetic information in the educational programs and activities operated by the District.