MAY 10, 2012
Open until filled
Elementary Principal - Clear Lake
2012-2013 School Year
- Master’s degree or higher in the field of administration preferred,
with course work in educational leadership and/or curriculum instruction.
- Required: A minimum of three (3) years as an elementary building principal
- IB experience and Level 3 Certification as IB PYP Administrator,
Coordinator, or classroom teacher, preferred. Must be willing to participate in IB
- Valid School Administrator Certification or meet state requirements
of MCL 380.1246.
- Valid State of Michigan
teaching certificate in Elementary Education.
- Minimum of four (4) years of successful teaching experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current educational issues and best practices,
including, but not limited to:
school improvement, knowledge of instructional technology
integration into the classroom, elementary curriculum development, reading
strategies and process writing, team building, brain based research, and
- Demonstrated leadership and success in parent/community relations,
staff development, human relations, and administrative practices.
- Knowledge of current best practice instructional strategies and the
ability to improve teacher instruction.
- Preference will be given to bilingual applicants or experience in
administering bilingual programs.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find
appropriate and acceptable.
for the management and administration of the school’s total elementary school
and assessing instructional programs in terms of their impact on student
for the development, coordination, and monitoring of the IB program school-wide
as well as supporting curriculum articulation across the whole school
leading, and evaluating the professional growth of staff
5. Other duties
and responsibilities as determined by the Superintendent
Salary commensurate with experience &
OAA Agreement (range
$93,641 - $109,560); health, dental and vision benefits included, per contract.
Assignment to begin:
2012-13 School Year.
Applicants: Please submit application materials through
the Oakland Schools Human Resource Consortium via the online process at www.oakland.k12.mi.us/ohrc
materials should include: letter of
interest, resume, transcripts, supporting materials
may be directed to: Nancy E. Latowski,
Resources Department at 248.969.5090
is the policy of Oxford Community Schools not to discriminate on the basis of
religion, race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in educational
programs, activities or services and to comply with all requirements and
regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of the district to make no
decision as to hiring, assignment, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination or
reinstatement on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, sex or