The Teacher Consultant for Students with Autism serves in a consultive/supportive role with staff, students, parents and representatives from local districts and community agencies. Responsible for coordination, development and implementation of instructional programs within assigned areas.
One (1) full-time position available
Certificated salary schedule; Genesee Intermediate Education Association
Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance after one full day of employment
Master's degree required; valid Michigan teacher certificate required with approval in autism. Eligible for full approval as a teacher consultant required.
Minimum of three years of successful classroom teaching experience with not less than two years in a program for students with autistic impairment.
Applications accepted until the position is filled, and will be considered in the order received.
Current bargaining unit employees who wish to apply for the vacancy should apply online using the job postings link, accessible from the home page of the GISD website. Under the job postings category, select the link titled Current Genesee ISD Employees - click here for vacancies, located under the "Internal Staff" heading.
- Other interested candidates should complete the online employment application and upload a resume
- If you have access to a scanner, upload transcripts documenting degree and applicable Michigan Department of Education certification
- Transcripts printed from the Internet are not acceptable
- If you do not have access to a scanner, plan to bring this documentation if you are selected to interview
- Please do not send paper documentation to Human Resources