HAMILTON HEIGHTS SCHOOL CORPORATION</DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR>
POSITION: CAFETERIA MANAGER I HEAD COOK
REPORTS TO: FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR
To manage the daily operations of the food service program in the assigned building. Ensure that a quality and customer friendly NSLP is offered to students, staff and community. The Cafeteria manager will supervise and contribute to the daily work, with other cafeteria employees in the building.
• This is an hourly position working 40 hours per week.</DIR>
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Complete all productions record sheets daily.
• Assign kitchen employees job descriptions.
• Complete and maintain an accurate daily/monthly and physical inventory of all food and non food in the cafeteria.
• Complete all food order grocery sheets weekly and get to food service director.
• Inspect received food items and/or supplies to verify quantity, quality, and specifications of orders complying with mandated health requirements.
• Run the register as needed.
• Help count the daily lunch deposit with cashier.
• Prepare all vouchers for special functions.
• Complete end-of-day procedures in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
• Report food service equipment malfunctions, in a timely manner to maintain safe operating conditions
• Kitchen employees job descriptions.
• Maintain all employee time cards and time sheets.
• Meal Tracker: Knowledge of M. T. Software
* Update and maintain student and faculty lunch accounts daily.
* Respond in a timely and appropriate fashion to parents and staff concerns regarding the school lunch program and lunch accounts.
* Lunch account reminders daily and contact parents regarding truant lack of student lunch money in a timely manner.
* Contact the appropriate person for NFS checks received.</DIR>
• Forecast production of all entrees, fruits, vegetables, breads, desserts salads, and ala carte items daily
• Implement that correct serving sizes are used to meet the daily nutritional requirements for the students under the NSLP.
• Oversees and participates in, when needed, the preparation of food items following the manufactures and/or corporation's specifications/directions.
• Ensure a consistent; high quality end product is served.
• Ensure that stock items are rotated on a daily basis.
• Train cafeteria employees to use work simplification techniques and to practice cost containment methods.
• Ensure safe, efficient, and effective operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils by all cafeteria employees.</DIR>
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment, appliances, cookware, serving utensils, eating utensils and lunch trays are properly cleaned and sanitized after each use.
• Check to make sure food temperatures are correct on the serving line and is being properly recorded at the appropriate times following the HAACP
• Ensure that the kitchen will pass the Indiana State Board of Health and OSHA inspections.
• Complete all state and/or district mandated training (i.e. food borne illness prevention training).
• Train kitchen employees as needed based upon his/her training and expertise.
• The employee is frequently required to walk and stand continuously for periods of time while performing duties of this job.
• This position requires frequent bending or twisting at the neck and trunk while performing duties.
• The employee is occasionally required to repeat the same hand, arm and finger motion many times.
• The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds at a time.
• Specific vision abilities are required for this job.
• This will include close vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision and color vision.
• The employee shall remain free of any alcohol, tobacco or controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the
Skills and Abilities:
• Good basic math skills are required.
• Communicate effectively with written and verbal skills.
• Working within time constraints.
• Adapting to changing work priorities.
• Communicating with people that have varied cultural and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to work in a professional and friendly manner with students, staff, parents and coM workers.
• Ability to perfonn job effectively and communicate in a noisy work environment.</DIR>
• Promote a friendly inviting atmosphere with a positive attitude for all customers and visitors.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.</DIR>
• All cafeteria employees are responsible for performing all tasks assigned to them and for following the directions of the food service director.
• The cafeteria manager/food service director will evaluate cafeteria employees with a written evaluation
Complete an online application at www.hhsc.k12.in.us
Attach any pertinent documentation
Camille Bill, Food Service Director