SUMMARY: Instructs students in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth in the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible adults.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teaches district-approved curriculum.
2. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
3. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
4. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
7. Diagnoses the educational needs of students.
8. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
9. Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Valid Michigan teaching certificate with secondary math certification.
2. Bachelor degree or higher.
3. Coaching Experience preferred but not required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes to walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs., such as boxes of books and AV/VCR carts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is frequently required to interact with the public and other staff. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well being and work out-put of students.