TITLE: Director of Curriculum, Assessment, and Professional
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Iowa K-12 Administrator License with Evaluator Approval.
2. Master’s Degree or higher with intensive course work in
curriculum required; Ed.D or Ph.D. preferred
3. Strong interpersonal skills.
4. Administrative experience preferred.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board
may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning Services
SUPERVISES: Curriculum Coordinator(s)
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership for the ongoing development,
improvement, and evaluation of the K-12 curriculum,
assessment, and instructional program within the Ankeny
Community School District.
1. Administrates K-12 curriculum reviews, curriculum guides, and secondary
program of studies. Develops protocols and procedures to support a systemic
2. Directs academic programming and implementation including concurrent enrollment and
3. Facilitates the development of a comprehensive professional development plan in
alignment with the Iowa Professional Development Model and oversees the
implementation of a certified staff professional development program.
4. Facilitates and/or consults on various committees involving the instructional program.
5. Manages textbook and materials acquisition and distribution.
6. Serves as the district MISIC, Heartland, and UEN curricular network liaison.
7. Ensures the K-12 program exceeds state and federal compliance standards related to
curriculum, assessment, and instruction.
8. Coordinates the district assessment plan and testing process.
9. Develops data literacy with district and building personnel through processes, protocols,
and the use of Data Director.
10. Collects, interprets, and analyzes data and develops pertinent reports.
11. Meets regularly with Curriculum Coordinators, Building Principals, the Assistant
Superintendent of Teaching and Learning Services, and other administrative
personnel to ensure constant coordination of efforts.
12. Interprets the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school program to the Board of
Education and to the community at large, as appropriate.
13. Keeps current with educational developments and research and participates in state
and national professional organizations devoted to the advancement of education.
14. Initiates and maintains communication and collaboration with other school districts in
order to keep abreast of new educational developments and ideas.
15. Prepares reports and recommendations to the Board of Education as assigned by the
Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning Services.
16. Serves as a member of the Administrative Team. Attends Board of Education
meetings, as needed.
17. Manages assigned budget areas in cooperation with the Assistant Superintendent of
Teaching and Learning Services.
18. Collaborates with Director and Coordinator of Special Programs to develop, monitor,
and integrate English Language Learner (ELL), Special Education, Ankeny Extended
Learning Program, and At-Risk programming.
19. Communicates to the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning Services the
requirements and needs of the District as they relate to student learning.
20. Assists with the integration of technology into the comprehensive instructional
21. Develops and maintains an effective level of communication with appropriate
22. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching
and Learning Services and/or the Superintendent.
Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
WORKING CONDITIONS: 1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve month year. Salary and work year to be
established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance
with the provisions of Board Policy on Evaluation of
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on Ankeny Community School District property