Posting Date: 5/11/2012
Closing Date: When filled
Position: Elementary Principal
Location: Webster Elementary
Start date: July 1, 2012
Salary: Per Principal Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
Benefits: Per Principal Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
Work Year: 2012-2013 School Year
1) Qualifies for or holds valid Minnesota Elementary or K-12 Principal licensure
2) Experience leading and getting results through a collaborative management model
3) Excellent public relations, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
4) Effective skills in staff motivation, supervision, instructional improvement, curriculum development and on-site management
5) Understanding and commitment to shared decision-making processes.
6) Committed to being an instructional leader
7) Demonstrates Intercultural competence
8) Ability to lead change, have courageous conversations, and resolve conflicts
1) Experience with Responsive Classroom approach
2) Knowledge of, and experience applying best instructional practices at the elementary level, literacy and math, including Readers & Writers workshops
3) Experience in gathering and using data to make instructional decisions
4) Familiarity with the "professional learning community" model for engaging staff and improving students' performance
5) Willingness and ability to hold self and others accountable to high professional standards
6) Experience building a positive and productive learning environment in a wonderfully diverse school
Webster is a magnificent, student-centered school with a dedicated staff that is student focused. Webster has created unique structures and systems that provide highly enriching learning experiences for all students. Webster Elementary School’s staff is student centered, results driven, and continuously improving.
Apply online at www.isd622.org. Click on Human Resources and Employment Opportunities.