Position: CTE Teacher-Drafting Orientation
Location: 100% School Based
Position Period: 38.6 Week
Reports to: Academic Department Chair of Career and Technical Education
This is a high school teaching position in Drafting Orientation. The Drafting Orientation course is an elective course for grades 9-12. Using entry-level drafting techniques, the students will be exposed to all areas of the design and drafting industry. Using a variety of methodologies and teaching strategies, this course is so constructed to allow students to explore career opportunities, industrial applications, workplace skills, post-secondary options, and state-of-the-art technology.
Neal F. Simeon Career Academy High School
8147 S. Vincennes Ave.
Chicago, IL 60620
*This is a Career and Technical Education (CTE) teaching position that is not at an OSI school.
· ISBE Type 09 in Technology Education with coursework in Architectural Drafting or Mechanical Drafting or an ISBE Type 34/35 in Drafting (certificate must be in place prior to teaching)
· Prior teaching experience
· Excellent planning, organization, written and verbal communication skills
· High-level problem solving skills
· Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Google Sketch-up
· Ability to run a computer lab
· Team and detail oriented