Physical Education/Health/APE Teacher
Available: 2012-13 School Year
Closes: 05/31/2012 @ 3:00 PM
Ashland Middle School (Location subject to change
||1.0 FTE (School Year Position)|
||May 23, 2012 @ 3:00 PM|
||May 31, 2012 @ 3:00 PM|
Ashland Middle School is seeking a qualified candidate for its Physical Education Department beginning the 2012-2013 school year. This individual would be responsible for a wide range of course offerings, possibly including but not limited to Physical Education, Health, First Aid, and working with special needs students. This position requires a student focused, task oriented, organized, positive, and flexible person with a strong desire to help students succeed academically, physically, and athletically.
The Physical Education position requires, but is not limited to the following:
- Wisconsin Certification #530 – Physical Education (Required)
- Wisconsin Certification #860 – Adaptive Physical Education (Required)
- Wisconsin Certification #910 – Health (Required)
- Strong experience and/or training in all areas covered under the Physical Education umbrella.
- Ability to forge positive relationships with the parents/guardians of students.
- Ability to work collegially with Physical Education department staff, Student Services, administration, the faculty, maintenance staff, and the community as needed.
- Experience in evaluating and curriculum writing.
- Ability to facilitate student/parent/teacher meetings as needed.
- Experience and/or ability in coaching. (Preferred)
Application Procedure: To apply, please complete an on-line application @ http://www.ashland.k12.wi.us/ - Employment. In addition to an on-line application, please upload a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, transcripts and licensure.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the School District of Ashland!
The School District of Ashland is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate as prohibited by applicable state and/or federal laws.