LAS CRUCES PUBLIC SCHOOLS
505 South Main, Suite 249
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
May 14, 2012
HIGHLAND ELEMENTARY ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
MINIMUM 1. Master’s degree in Education from an accredited college or university
QUALIFICATIONS 2. Five years teaching experience at the elementary level required
3. Administrative experience preferred
4. Possess valid New Mexico Administrative License (Level 3B) or be eligible to obtain said
5. Evidence of experience with leadership roles at the school or district level
6. Evidence of excellent writing skills
To assist the principal in the overall efficient administration of the school.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY: Assistant Principal--$55,000. -- $69,693. (DOE) 205-day contract
Principal Salary Schedule, Range 1
BEGINNING DATE: 2012-13 School year
APPLICATION 1. Letter of interest for this position
PROCEDURE: 2. Current resume or VITA
3. Current transcripts
4. Completed AppliTrack application
5. Copy of New Mexico PED Administrative License
6. Criminal History Affidavit Form (required for finalist)
7. Agreement, Authorization, Waiver, and Release Form
8. Three letters of reference written within the last twelve months (one must be
from current supervisor. (If this is not appropriate due to one’s employment
status, please contact Andrea Fletcher at (575) 527-5976 or e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application).
All applicants, including current Las Cruces Public Schools employees must submit an application on AppliTrack (http://generalasp.com/lascruces/onlineapp/).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 25, 2012, at 11:00 pm.
Applicants will be screened based on information submitted plus a review of work history, strength of references and specific experiences. Applicants who emerge as the more qualified candidates will be forwarded to the Interview Committee.
AN FBI FINGERPRINT BACKGROUND CHECK WILL BE CONDUCTED ON EVERY NEW HIRE IN THE LAS CRUCES PUBLIC SCHOOLS AT A COST TO THE EMPLOYEE OF $75.00. A $75.00 CERTIFIED BANK CHECK MADE OUT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY IS REQUIRED UPON HIRE. CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON THE RESULTS OF THE BACKGROUND CHECK.
Las Cruces Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Las Cruces Public Schools has a No Smoking/No Tobacco Policy