*2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR*
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Time availability to serve in several musical situations.
3. Good rapport with young people.
4. Must be able to transpose music into different keys.
5. Must be able to sight read music.
6. Excellent references including attendance and punctuality.
To assist the with the secondary vocal music program.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Play accompanist parts for rehearsal and performance.
2. Rehearse with and accompany soloists for state contests.
3. Play for performances day and evening.
1. Accompany warm-up activities.
2. Play individual lines of music for students to learn.
3. Follow teacher's direction and stay with students (hear mistakes and correct them).
4. Be able to follow the director's interpretation of the music.
5. Be able to change uncomplimentary beginning and endings in a musical piece.
Tools and Equipment:
Keep the teacher informed about the need for piano maintenance.
Secondary Music Accompanists are a Grade 3 on the Classified Salary Schedule.
Classified Salary Schedule
185 days per year - 6 Hour Work Day