1.0 FTE - 12 month/261 day work year
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that demands educational excellence. It stands as a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national level for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities of Boulder, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill cover approximately 500 square miles and serve an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 29,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within its boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: www.bvsd.org
This is skilled work in the installation, operation, testing, and maintenance of Macintosh and Windows personal computer equipment, systems, and software. This job will require assignment to team supporting a zone of schools either on site or by phone remotely.
Maintain District computers, peripherals, printers and software on school computers and application servers for educational and administrative use; repair, service, install and upgrade computer equipment, peripherals and printers purchased by the District. Train and support users on new software and computer equipment. Serve as liaison between Division of Information Technology and schools. Make recommendations regarding planning and assist with upcoming computer deployments. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds as well as occasional dual-lifts of up to 100 pounds is required. A valid Colorado driver’s license and reliable transportation is required. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English (must pass English component of interview process).
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
- Two years experience in PC set up and troubleshooting
- Flexible in work procedures and processes from assignment to assignment
- Skill in performing a variety of complicated tasks, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, with minimal supervision; versed in technical concepts and procedures
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals such as central processing units, servers, monitors, cables, network systems, printers, plotters and modems
- Skill in troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems
- Skill in instructing users on new or upgraded computer applications and hardware
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skill in organizing work, setting priorities and time management
- Excellent customer service skills.
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints concerning the District’s nondiscrimination policies may be referred to the District’s Office of Legal Counsel, BVSD, 6500 E. Arapahoe Road, Boulder, Colorado 80303, 720-561-5903, or the Office for Civil Rights, U. S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, Colorado 80204, 303-844-5695.