EAST RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
ASST. COACH POSTING: VOLLEYBALL
TITLE: ASSISTANT COACH – VOLLEYBALL
East Ridge High School is seeking a dynamic, highly qualified candidate to serve as Assistant Volleyball Coach. Candidates are desired to have successful high school and/or collegiate level playing and/or coaching experience, and related successful experiences in educational leadership. Candidates should have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the commitment to develop and maintain positive relationships between the Raptors Volleyball program and the local community.
East Ridge High School Athletics/Activities Director and Head Volleyball Coach, who provide overall job objectives and observe performance.
The Assistant Coach will advise, coordinate, and support the staff and personnel for the 9, B, junior-varsity, and/or varsity teams, according to expectations of the Athletics/Activities Director and the Head Volleyball Coach.
To instruct student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize individual and team success. Concurrently, student-athletes shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride in accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and confidence. Coach shall demonstrate substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport as well as successfully establish positive relationships with all stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at www.sowashco.k12.mn.us – click on employment. Applicants are to submit a letter of intent, a resume of related experiences, and a list of at least 3 personal references. Questions can be directed to Erin Nickleby, Head Volleyball Coach, at email@example.com
Open until filled.
August – November 2012
EAST RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS
The mission of East Ridge Activities is to passionately serve the Raptor community with student-centered activities programming. We aim to support the strategic plans and initiatives of District 833, while maintaining a clear focus on establishing an identity and tradition of excellence at ERHS.
The East Ridge Activities Department is a dynamic community asset. As the most visible and accessible representatives of ERHS, our activities generate tremendous pride among students, staff, parents and community. Raptor Activities are innovative and grounded in fundamentals, featuring participants who are fierce and respectful competitors. We are committed to developing a winning legacy with integrity.
East Ridge coaches and advisors meet high standards. Baseline expectations include;
- Passion: recognizable enthusiasm and dedication.
- History of Holistic Success: winning performances in accordance with a values-based approach to academic, psychological, social, and character development.
- Commitment to Staff Development: a life-long learner invested in personal growth and continuous improvement in best practices, and a mentor who serves the progressive needs of assistants.
- K-12 Approach: willing and committed to the development of the K-12 program, develops, participates in, and is a mentor for youth and community initiatives.
- Comprehensive School-Wide Support: recognizes the shared responsibility necessary to achieve school success, is a great teammate in decision-making that promotes balance between academics, athletics, arts, and activities.
PHILOSOPHY & GOALS
The mission of South Washington County Schools is to empower all learners with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes for success. Within that framework, the East Ridge Athletics Department has an active commitment to meet the following goals:
- To provide all student-athletes with positive experiences which promote the ideals of leadership, physical fitness, competition, and the pursuit of excellence.
- To protect the well being of student-athletes through policies and procedures concerned with safety, fitness, and injury care.
- To foster progress of student-athletes through the academic curriculum of the educational institution to which they belong.
- To empower all student-athletes with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes for success in academics, athletics, and life.
- To produce first class, competitive teams.
WE ARE…EAST RIDGE!