The Academy for Urban School Leadership (AUSL) is a nonprofit school management organization operating in partnership with the Chicago Public Schools. Our mission is to improve student achievement in Chicago’s high-poverty, chronically failing schools through a disciplined transformation process, built on a foundation of specially trained AUSL teachers. AUSL, with annual revenue of $25 million, currently manages a network of 19 schools for CPS and is training 90 prospective CPS teachers in the AUSL Chicago Teacher Residency training program.
AUSL seeks an Accountant, reporting to AUSL’s Director of Finance, to prepare financial reports and perform a broad variety of accounting duties for a fast-paced, rapidly growing nonprofit.
Responsibilities of the position include:
· Reconcile bank accounts and all general ledger accounts
· Prepare monthly organization and departmental financial reports
· Prepare quarterly financial statements; reconcile accrual and cash basis
· Record pledges and grants in general ledger
· Account for restricted grant activity
· Prepare annual audit work papers
· Backup for payables and payroll processing
· Special projects.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or in Business with an Accounting concentration, is required. CPA desirable; knowledge of nonprofit accounting a plus but not required
· 0+ years accounting work experience
· Excellent Excel skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
· QuickBooks experience desirable but not required.
AUSL’s offices are located at 3400 N. Austin Avenue, Chicago IL. The position does not require any out of town travel, but access to a car for occasional travel to AUSL locations across Chicago is helpful.
How to apply
To apply: go to http://www.ausl-chicago.org/ausl-apply.html and scroll down to select this position, complete a brief online application, and upload your resume and cover letter. AUSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about AUSL, go to http://www.ausl-chicago.org/.