Federal Programs Fiscal Bookkeeper
Closes: When Filled
Job Title: Federal Programs Fiscal Bookkeeper
Location: Central Administration Building
Department: Business Office
Reports To: Director of Business and Finance
Terms of Employment:
Nature and Scope of Job:
To perform bookkeeping duties that include (but are not limited to): fiscal management of federal, state and local grants; processing all liabilities for goods and services for school district related to Federal, State and local programs and accounts payable for previously listed programs; coordinates all facets of the day to day activities in the Federal Fiscal Department while promoting an atmosphere conducive to the effective operation of the department and ensuring optimal services are made available to all district personnel and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
Essential Functions Include:
1. Processes daily assigned vendor and travel vouchers/invoices through the payment cycle by matching invoices through payment cycle matching invoices and entering information to appropriate programs for posting in accounts payable.
2. Controls check disbursements, files related items, and compiles information for required reports.
3. Organizes unpaid vendor invoices and open purchase orders, and reconciles monthly statements in order to maintain accurate accounting records.
4. Corresponds with vendors on errors and open purchase orders for timely receipt or credit.
5. Executes month-end and yearly closing of federal accounts to ensure timely distribution of expenditures.
6. Maintains accurate account records for all related checking accounts including: depositing and recording receipts; initiating adjustments to journal entries; and balancing all accounts to general ledger.
7. Prints and distributes all district purchase orders.
8. Prepares cash requests and submits federal, state, and local reports.
9. Communicates with school district personnel involved with grant administration.
10. Completes any other duties as assigned to ensure efficient operations.
11. Uses positive communication skills when working with district personnel, vendors, and general public.
12. Sets up all Federal budgets for each school year and enters budget accounts in the computer.
13. Verifies the accuracy of the Federal State and Local budgets.
14. Generates purchase orders for custodial department.
1. Performs any other duties as specified by the Director of Business and Finance.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability:
Ability to use personal computers
Proficient on typewriter and/or computer
Proficient on calculator (10 Key)
Ability to use accurate grammar, punctuation, and spelling
Basic filing, organizational, and clerical skills
Ability to concentrate despite numerous interruptions
Ability to organize and mange time and resources
Ability to work independently
Ability to make appropriate decisions with sound emotional judgment
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to operate office machines
Basic working knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping concepts
Knowledge of word processing, spread sheets, data base and various technology software (Excel, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Word, PageMaker, Calendar Maker)
Possess positive communication skills in working with in-district personnel, students, and public
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions
Ability to think clearly and calculate accurately
Ability to work with people of various personality types
Minimum Requirements (Education, License, Certification, Experience or Formal Training):
High school education or equivalent
Computer experience essential
Secretarial background essential
Bookkeeping/accounting experience or education is essential
Typing skills essential
Various other office equipment
Lower body strength to sand and walk throughout the work day
Upper body strength to lift 25 pounds and carry more than 20 ft throughout the work day
Visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor throughout the work day
Standing for at least 5% of the day
Walking for at least 5% of the work day
Sitting at least 90 of the work day
Finger strength to type for long periods of time
Air conditioned building
Occasional exposure to weather extremes
Exposure of Visual Display Terminal effects on eyesight
Screen glare due to lighting
Ability to stoop and retrieve materials and supplies
Ability to reach over head to retrieve materials and supplies
Ability to hear ordinary conversation