Classroom Instructor creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the
personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs
and abilities of students, the Classroom Instructor must work closely with
other staff and the administration of USD 260.
Principal and/or Program Director
1. Bachelors degree from an accredited
2. Current Kansas State Teaching
Certificate on file in the Central Office.
3. Desire to continue career improvement.
1. Facilitate the personal, social and
intellectual development of students.
2. Establish a positive learning
environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
3. Ensure that all activities conform to
4. Communicate effectively with all
members of the school district and community.
5. Work effectively with community
6. React to change productively and handle
other tasks as assigned.
7. Support the value of an education.
8. Support the philosophy and mission of
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Occasionally requires physical exertion
to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
3. Occasional stooping, bending and
4. Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
5. Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
1. Plan and implement effective lessons,
using time, materials and resources effectively.
2. Motivate students through effective
communication and evaluative feedback.
3. Display a thorough knowledge of
curriculum and subject matter.
4. Demonstrate awareness of the needs of
students and provide for individual differences.
5. Set high expectations for student
achievement and behavior.
6. Demonstrate effective interpersonal
relationships with others.
7. Establish and maintain a positive
climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
8. Maintain current curriculum and
9. Coordinate and
supervise field trips.
10. Assist with the activities of student
11. Attend and assist when necessary with
school events such as musical programs, athletics, student recognition
ceremonies, graduation and open house.
12. See that district policies are observed
during all activities.
13. Obtain advance approval of the principal
for all activities and expenditures.
14. Adhere to all district health and safety
policies including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control
15. Other duties as assigned by the principal
or other administrative staff which are consistent with the general
requirements and qualifications of the position.