To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty below satisfactorily. The school registrar position involves complex clerical tasks and experience working with the public.
· Responsible for the registration and withdrawal of students.
· Requests records for new students transferring from other schools.
· Provides student records to other schools upon request.
· Evaluates and verifies documentation submitted as required for enrollment.
· Responsible for the collection and entry of student data into school’s SMS (Student management System)
· Maintains automated (and manual) student records; generates reports, attendance sheets, 40 day (and 100 day) reports, and class lists.
· Maintains office and student CUM files
· Maintains grades and attendance databases and extracurricular activity records for all students.
· Maintains database of student schedules, runs schedule reports and adjusts student schedules as necessary.
· Processes and maintains daily student attendance records and calls parents to verify absences
· Collects daily data pertinent for attendance report submission/transmission as required by the Arizona Department of Education, as well as for daily, weekly, quarterly and annual reporting.
· Maintains attendance letters and communication with parents.
· Prepares report cards by grading periods.
· Collects and provides enrollment numbers/information to the district office.
· Assists with school orientation/tours.
· Provides information and assistance to new students and their parents.
· Answers the phones, distribute calls.
· Assists in the preparation of bulletins, school calendars, brochures and other announcements.
· Generates word processing and spreadsheet documents.
· Assists with the day-to-day operations of the school.
Work 3 full days per week. This position will turn into a full-time position with the start of the 2012/2013 school year.
High School Diploma. Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong organization and interpersonal skills. Strong computer skills. PowerSchool experience a plus.