STEM Coordinator - STEM PK-8 Magnet School of Eastern Connecticut
REPORTS TO: Principal
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for working with teachers to integrate science, technology, engineering and mathematics into the curriculum and assisting them in using technology to achieve project-based goals.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Strong STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) content knowledge
· Master's Degree (minimum) in one of the STEM content areas
· Minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience in STEM content area preferred
· Experience in curriculum design and development
· Experience with project-based learning
· Experience working with culturally, socially and economically diverse student/parent populations.
· Ability to use data to assess, monitor and improve teaching and student performance.
· Ability to model and integrate STEM content into all curricula areas
· High level technical skills including web-based technology tools, Smart Board, Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Movie Maker, CAD, e-books, e-portfolios, etc.
· Ability to coordinate real-world STEM experiences for students (e.g. Engineering/Science Fair, Science Olympiad, FIRST Robotics).
· Experience with Project Lead the Way preferred.
· Ability to prioritize work demands within time constraints; highly organized.
Demonstrated leadership abilities in organizing, implementing and maintaining an effective collaborative instructional program.
Appropriate Connecticut teacher certification required in any STEM content area
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Commensurate with experience and education level. Extended Day/Extended year position.
To apply please visit www.eastconn.org and complete our online application. AA/EOE M/F/V/H