Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Wage 2012-13 - $13.91/hr: Current clerks with seniority please refer to the Wage Section of the bargaining unit contract.
· Duties & Responsibilities: (Primary Function, Major Responsibilities, Summary of key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Coordinates administration of student testing for the purpose of providing standardized testing in conformance with District and State requirements.
· Coordinates various activities (e.g. IEP meetings, homework assignments, referral appointments, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in meeting staff and/or student needs and efficiently utilizing personnel equipment and facilities.
· Assists with maintenance of student records (e.g. grades, transcripts, emergency contacts, health history, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing accurate information for future reference in conformance with District and State requirements. Works with scanning documents, folders and other information.
· Prepares documentation (e.g. student information, student progress, official transcripts, contacts with parents, teachers and outside professionals, class announcements, correspondence, agendas, minutes, newsletters, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support, developing recommendations and/or conveying information.
· Processes documentation and materials (e.g. grades, transcripts, progress reports, orientation information, schedules, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and disseminating information to appropriate parties.
· Processes student enrollments, transfers and/or withdrawals for the purpose of documenting student’s eligibility and enrollment in course of study.
· Provides secretarial and related administrative support to guidance counselors (e.g. evaluation of transcripts, resolving schedule conflicts, providing information to students, scheduling of meetings, monitoring of critical deadlines, etc.) for the purpose of assisting them in the performance of their work functions.
· Responds to inquiries from various internal and external parties for student information (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information such as grades, transcripts, etc.
· Supervises co-op student(s) and other providers of special assistance to the Guidance Office.
· Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
• Ability to routinely lift/carry office supplies and printed materials weighing up to 25 lbs - occasionally lifting 50 pounds
• Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels in person and/or on the telephone.
• Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation in person and/or on the telephone
?Ability to operate computer, calculator, copy machine, telephone, and other office equipment with dexterity and in a safe and efficient manner.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
Skills - Knowledge with or willingness to quickly learn Infinite Campus software program and Docushare for preparing and maintaining accurate records.
Must be organized, flexible, able to meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to be cross-trained with other clerical positions within the administrative offices.
Ability to work with diverse school-community population.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software