WAYNE-WESTLAND COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
36745 Marquette Street
Westland, MI 48185-3289
TITLE: Adult/Community Education - Tinkham
OPENINGS: Spanish Teacher (3 Positions)
REPORTS TO: Director of Tinkham
LOCATION: Tinkham Center
DATE: May 16, 2012
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Application of instructional best practices in education and specific content area
- Use available technology in day to day presentation of lessons
- Control of classroom through the use of classroom management best practices
- Incorporate State content expectations in all lessons
- Follow District curriculum
- Use data to drive instruction
- Assess students and analyze needs and progress
- Maintain appropriate records
- Helps maintain instructional area, supplies, equipment and facilities
- Participate in special instructional activities to meet program and student goals
- Maintain confidentiality
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Speak and write fluent Spanish
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must meet the definition of Highly Qualified as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act
- Must possess a valid Michigan Department of Education Teaching Certificate with a Spanish (FF) endorsement (K-12)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community
- Must have essential technology skills, i.e. skilled at using PC computer, laptop, assistive communication devices/technology and other educational technology and software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This person must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and must be able to move about the classroom, building, etc. as needed. This person must be able to communicate with students, parents, other teachers and administrators and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee may need to travel to different work locations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is frequently required to interact with students, staff and occasionally with the public. This employee will be directly responsible for the safety and well-being of students.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position will be required to meet the program needs of the Shared Time Schools and will follow their school calendar. Compensation will be per the WWEA/Ace Master Contract.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the program’s supervisor.
Apply on line at http://wwcsd.net or come to the Human Resources Department to access the online application system.
The information contained in this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The Wayne-Westland Community Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.