Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Rate of pay -- Probation rate - $ 9.64 Reg. rate : $11.10
1. Assist in preparing food by following a recipe.
2. Assist in setting up service areas, portioning, and/or serving food items.
3. Assist with cleaning and storing of all kitchen equipment and the cleaning of floors and tables.
4. Uses various pieces of kitchen and cooking equipment, recommending needed maintenance and repairs.
5. Assists in control of food and supply costs with stock rotation, proper storage and handling, portion control and use of excess
6. Understands and practices good nutrition in the preparation and service of food.
7. Maintains standards of sanitation, safety, production, service, and food quality.
8. Has the ability to communicate and work with fellow employees and supervisors.
9. Supervises food service personnel working in the area.
10. May assist the manager in preparing orders for food and supplies.
11. Maintains good public relations with students, parents, faculty, and the community.
12. Has the ability to plan workload, forecast requirements, and coordinate food production.
13. Completes and maintains food production records.
14. Ensures proper food appearance for merchandising to the customers.
15. Assists with production and service of catered functions.
16. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· The cook is physically able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods and to walk much of the time during the day; is able to work in very warm surroundings; has manual dexterity to handle knives and other pieces of kitchen equipment, and is able to lift materials weighing at least 46 pounds. May be required to climb stairs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE - The School Food Service Cook shall possess competence in the above stated areas of responsibility. It is required that the cook have a high school diploma or GED and complete the Basic Food Service Course, Food Service Safety and Sanitation Class, Food Preparation, Service Merchandising, Interpersonal Relationships, and Menu Planning OR Nutrition Education Class.