General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence,
courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and
engage in a lifetime of learning.
- Position provides instruction and support in the
curriculum areas for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and
the school and/or program for which employed.
- Evaluate student performance according to the goals and
objectives on the Individual Educational Plan (IEP) used by School District; promote student
achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal and /or
case manager as prescribed or authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of
students and work with them in the development of each student.
Required Qualifications: A valid Minnesota teaching license in Special Education .
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the
teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy,
teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and
- Considerable knowledge of students' learning styles and
needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and
disability fair curriculum concepts.
Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in
team meetings and parent meetings.
FTE: Hourly wage, 1.5 hours/day