Please note this posting is for two (2) vacancies.
Internal applicants have until Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 4:00p to apply.
Description: Assist teachers, counselors and administrators in providing educational activities. Performs non-teaching classroom and ancillary duties under the direct supervision of an assigned teacher. Helps individuals or small groups of students with remedial or enrichment activities.
Job Summary: 7 hours/day (8:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.), 5 days/week, 195 days/year
Preferred Qualification: Two years of college (associate's degree) with coursework which relates to education and recreation.
- 2 years of college coursework
- OR an Associate's Degree or higher
- OR high school diploma with passage of the ParaPro Assessment prior to employment
- One year of related successful work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in operating basic office equipment, such as copiers
- Ability to lift equipment, supplies and/or children weighing at least forty (40) pounds
- Physical ability to perform all of the essential functions of the job.
Salary: $13.51/hour non-degreed; $15.26/hour 4-year degree
Standard Employee Benefits
Hiring Manager: Jeff Johnston
HR Staff: Patricia A. Horton, Assistant Director of Human Resources
Stacey Walker, Confidential Administrative Assistant, Human Resources