1. Must currently have or be able to obtain Read Right Tutor Certification.
2. Must be an Excellent Reader as determined by a Read Right Consultation and willing to participate in Read Right tutoring if a reading problem is indicated.
3. Will participate in a minimum of 5 weeks of intensive, hands-on, Trainer Training with students present.
4. Ability to demonstrate mastery of the Technical aspects of the Read Right Trainer Manual leading to Read Right Trainer Certification.
5. ND Driver’s License- must be willing and able to travel between 7 different school sites
6. High School Diploma
The Read Right Trainer is responsible for all aspects of the BPS Read Right project to insure that it is implemented to fidelity. Read Right is currently implemented in 3 Middle Schools, 3 High Schools, and the BPS Adult Learning Center. The selected candidate will be required to train both new Read Right tutor trainees as well as provide on going quality assurance training and support to 18 currently certified Read Right tutors. The Trainer candidate will develop working relationships with building level administration, specialists and counselors to collaborate for overall student success at each building. Collaboration with district level staff and administration is necessary for the purpose of gathering and presenting program data and providing monthly program status updates. Other duties include developing and delivering meaningful staff development to Read Right staff during delegated Staff Development days, leading the Read Right PLC , managing the Read Right budget and communicating effectively with the Read Right corporate office as necessary.