8 hours per day / 260 day work schedule
WICHITA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Job Title: Security I, II, III, IV – 12 Months Third shift position
Department: Safety Services/Security Services/Patrol Officer
Accountability: Executive Director of Safety Services
Job Summary: The security services patrol officer will be directly responsible to the
Supervisor of Safety Services. The officer will assume
the following responsibilities:
· Provide maximum security for individuals within the district buildings and grounds of USD 259.
· Provide security for the property and belongings of USD 259.
· Knowledgeable of all routine security and emergency procedures.
· Knowledgeable of BOE policies pertaining to USD 259, properties, personnel and students.
- Patrols the parking area, grounds and buildings and reports any violations which impair the safety of persons and/or property, preparing accurate and complete Security Incident Reports.
- Assists in all routine and emergency situations pertaining to USD 259 properties, personnel and students.
- Possesses the appropriate communication skills to work with the public, staff members, student, and first response personnel.
- Possesses the appropriate verbal and non-verbal skills in working with high risk behavioral students.
- Must have or acquire knowledge of various aspects of district operations to provide resources to building administrators.
- Provides assistance to the department and district as requested or circumstances may require.
- Provides, when requested, after hour duties as may be requested by the supervisor or department director.
- Attends certified training and mandatory inservice training.
- Completes accurate and timely Security Incident Reports on all calsl made which constitute a crime or violate a BOE policy or rule
Security I-IV /Patrol– 12 Months
Page 2 of 2
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Must have two or more years of experience in security and is certified as a security officer.
- Prefer an associate or higher degree from an accredited college/university.
- Must be skilled and communicate effectively in dealing with students, personnel and staff.
- Must be able to multi-task and remain calm during stressful situations.
- Computer experience is required for completion of incident reports.
- Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license, appropriate insurance and no prior criminal record.
- Officer will work eight hours, and may be requested to work weekends, holidays and/or other hours as required by supervisor of Security Services.
- Officer must be able to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, get in and out of a car, and freely and quickly move around the building and grounds.
- Must be able to work as a team member or alone.
- Ability to work effectively with students, parents, staff and community service providers. (law enforcement, fire, EMS, ComCare, etc.)
- Ability to respond to volatile situations, while remaining calm.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to work as a team member;