MUST SUBMIT TRANSFER FORM TO MISSION CISD HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 1201 BRYCE DRIVE, MISSION, TEXAS.
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
HOURLY RANGE :
$9.19 - $13.35
To assist the Cafeteria Manager by accurately counting and claiming meals as per Child Nutrition Program rules and regulations. Assist to prepare and serve safe and nutritious meals daily, provide a pleasant environment for all students and staff and maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment.
1. High school diploma, GED or higher
2. Current Food Handler Certification
1. Basic knowledge of mathematical and accounting principles
2. Ability to read, write and communicate in English
3. Ability to follow oral and written directions
4. Ability to interact cordially with adults and students of all ages and diverse backgrounds
5. Ability to handle tight schedules and short term high stress
6. Ability to perform tasks in high noise school surroundings
7. Knowledge of the Nutrikids Point of Sale
8. Knowledge of Offer vs. Serve, Choice and Reimbursable meals required
9. Ability to perform repetitive tasks daily without instruction.
10. Willingness and ability to accept kitchen responsibilities in the Manager’s absence
11. Ability to occasionally lift and carry 45 lbs. without assistance
12. Satisfactory score on CNP cashier test in all categories
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Reports at assigned time.
2. Attends all mandatory trainings/meetings.
3. Performs duties as described on the daily work schedule.
4. Wears proper uniform and shoes daily.
5. Maintains proper hygiene.
6. Works after or before assigned hours, including Saturdays as needed to prepare and serve meals for students.
7. Follows District computer use policy and procedure.
8. Responsible for operating the Point of Sale System.
9. Responsible for identifying and recording each reimbursable meal at the point of service.
10. Responsible for executing daily reports of meals served.
11. Responsible for accurate accountability and deposit of all cash received for sales of adult meals and ala carte items.
12. Responsible for preparing daily deposits using forms and procedures authorized by the bank and the District’s Business Office.
13. Responsible for submitting to the manager participation and financial reports daily on the required forms.
14. Assists in all areas of the kitchen as assigned by the Manager.
15. Responsible for keeping work area and equipment used clean and orderly.
16. Follows proper safety procedures; safety regulations in the performance of duties; and reports accidents immediately.
17. Responsible for following proper food preparation procedures according to the HACCP Plan and production record.
18. Responsible for assisting the Cafeteria Manager in the execution of general office and kitchen duties in the Manager’s absence.
19. Accepts any campus assigned for the day and substitutes wherever needed.
20. Performs duties as described on the daily work schedule.
21. Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or others.
22. Respects federally funded foods, equipment and supplies according to USDA, TEA and TDA guidelines.
23. Performs other duties as assigned by Superintendent, CNP Director, CNP Specialist or Manager.
24. Such alternatives as Board deems necessary.
Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Work with frequent interruptions
Work in a high noise level environment
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Repetitive hand motions
Prolonged use of computer
Frequent stooping, bending and kneeling
Continual standing, walking, pushing, pulling and reaching
Occasional climbing (ladder)
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. I acknowledge I received a copy of this job description.
Employee’s Signature: Date
Supervisor’s Signature: Date
The Mission Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.