Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Early Childhood / Part-Time (4 afternoons/week approximately 14 hours/week)
General Description Of Position:
Provide prescribed medical treatments and personal care to students with disabilities under the supervision of a Certified School Nurse and pursuant to a written care plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe special education students on a regular basis to detect health needs.
- Administer medication and treatment prescribed by physicians.
- Assemble and use such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes and oxygen supplies.
- Sterilize equipment and supplies.
- Administer first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
- Attend clinical meetings on behalf of students to help plan treatments needed at school.
- Assist school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
- Use various software packages for communication and documentation purposes.
- Implement, model and train others in the use of universal precautions.
- Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to Board policies.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree in nursing/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
License from the State of Michigan to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Only those candidates that provide the requested information will be considered.
- Provide a resume and letter of interest including a review of relevant experience.
- With your letter of interest you must provide photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications, i.e., copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure.
- Current letters of reference (at least one letter of reference must be submitted).
- Materials received from applicants after the deadline will not be considered.
- Internal applicants are equally responsible for providing all requested information. Calhoun Intermediate School District will not retrieve or copy information from your personnel file. It is the applicant's sole responsibility and if necessary the person should make the needed arrangements in order to review their personnel file and obtain any copies to include with their letter of interest and resume.
Application Deadline: June 29, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. (Internal Candidates)
Open Until Filled (External Candidates)
The Calhoun Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.