227 day contract
Salary commensurate with
surrounding districts and years of experience.
Director of Student Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Provide technical assistance to building case managers and LD/ED and Trans-K staff regarding programs, instruction, materials, and staff development.
- Chair IEP conferences for students in the LD/ED and Trans-K programs as requested by the building administration.
- Observe students in other programs to coordinate services.
- Assist staff in maintaining students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment (LRE), including collaborative planning for transitioning between placements.
- Provide technical assistance to special education staff concerning scheduling, implementation of student's goals and objectives, IEP preparation, and methodology.
- Provide electronic IEP training and technical assistance to special education staff.
- Prepare and monitor caseloads/class sizes for LD/ED programs/teachers, Trans-K, and ESY.
- Provide staff development training to regular and special education staff regarding instructional strategies.
- Support efforts in implementing best instructional practices for the learning disabled and emotionally disabled students.
- Provide support and staff development on progress monitoring systems and data collection.
- Develop effective working relationships with students, staff and school community.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND
- LBS certificate
- Type 75 certificate