High school diploma or equivalent
In accordance with Colorado Rules and Regulations Governing Operation of School Transportation Vehicles, school bus drivers must meet all requirements of the State of Colorado with reference to health and licensing, and have satisfactory driving skill. Such skill shall include ability to operate the bus, and knowledge of an appreciation for safety considerations. Drivers shall be trained in first aid and hold a current first aid certificate. They shall be expected to participate in in-service training programs, such as driver meetings and regional or state institutes and driver training courses.
Pass a prescribed physical exam administered by a licensed physician approved by the district.
Pass the following tests and examinations administered or approved by the Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division:
- vision test
- written examination
- driving ability test
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Transportation
· Maintain and promote a professional and defensive driving attitude at all times.
· To drive regular routes, activity trips, and substitute as assigned.
· To perform a daily pre-trip inspection, assuring that all equipment, including safety devices are in a safe and proper operating order.
· To keep daily records of mileage, number of student passengers and vehicle pre-trip inspections.
· Operate school transportation vehicles in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations set forth by district, state and federal agencies.
· To maintain proper student discipline per Board policy, as required to transport all passengers safely.
· To clean interior and maintain equipment in a safe operating condition and to report all defects as soon as possible.
· To report immediately (by radio or telephone) any emergencies, breakdowns, or delays while en route. Also any accidents, driving hazards, or incidents of damage or vandalism.
· To perform other duties as required by Transportation Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year and salary to be established by the Board of Education. Shall receive benefits as per Board policy regarding bus drivers.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policies which apply to bus drivers.