12 - ESS Teacher for Visually Impaired
Exceptional Student Services
Valid Colorado Teaching License or is eligible for a valid Colorado Teaching License
- Special Education Generalist Endorsement 5-21 level
- Special Education Endorsement - Secondary, K-12 or 5-21 level
- CDE certificate of Braille Competency
- Ability to design, develop, prepare and/or obtain materials in required media (Braille, large type, recording) directly correlating with district's curriculum
- Ability to teach special Braille codes at the appropriate academic level (mathematics, scientific notation, diacritical markings and language)
- Ability to conduct functional vision and learning media assessment, and prepare and implement IEP's
- Ability to maintain accurate records as required by district an state Department of Education and federal regulations
- Ability to adapt curriculum and classroom environment when necessary
- Ability to develop effective use of equipment and apparatus designed for the visually impaired (records and listening equipment, lighting and/or magnifying aids, drawing and writing tools, etc.)
- Implement expanded core curriculum
Pueblo City Schools seeks to comply with state and/or federal law prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin ancestry, sexual orientation, sex (gender), age, genetic information, or disabilities in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries regarding Pueblo City Schools' compliance may be referred to the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Compliance Officer for Pueblo City Schools, 315 West 11th St., Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 549-7162.
Si usted necesita ayuda con la traduccion, de esta informacion, por favor llame a la oficina del distrito.