POSITION TYPE: Middle School Guidance Counselor
EFFECTIVE DATE: Start of 2012/2013 School Year
- Must be certified or licensed by the State of Michigan and as a School Counselor.
- Master's Degree in Guidance and Counseling required.
- Recent experience in guidance and counseling at the elementary or secondary level preferred.
- Successful middle school classroom experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of and supportive of developmental guidance concept.
- Have a desire and be qualified to work with students in grades 7-8.
- Be willing to participate in a variety of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities with students and their parents after regular school hours.
- Be willing to work as part of a building team for the improvement of instruction.
- Be open to continuous change.
- Be an excellent communicator with students, parents and colleagues.
- Demonstrate mental/physical ability and stamina for meeting the requirements of the position.
SALARY: Per DEA Master Agreement
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online at http://www.davisonschools.org
The District reserves the right to select the person it believes will be the most successful in this position and will be the greatest benefit to the school(s).
It is the policy of the Davison Community School District that no person shall, on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, age, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, in employment or any of its programs or activities.