NORTHEAST METRO 916 INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Date Posted: May 18, 2012
Position Title: Elementary Principal
Assignment: Valley Crossing Community School
Application Deadline: June 1, 2012
Positions assigned to this classification are responsible for implementing District policies, curriculum and programs at the instructional and building level. Responsible for evaluating all instructional staff and building level personnel. Responsibilities include budgeting for all building needs, conducting public relations activities, participating in evening programs/events/activities, serving on district wide committees or task forces, and serving as the educational leader in the building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the activities and evaluates the performance of teachers, counselors, administrative support staff and all other building personnel to ensure the attainment of district goals and standards, to assure compliance with all laws and regulations, and to assure the efficient and effective operation of the school.
- Provides leadership, coordination and ongoing communication with collaborative districts and site team.
- Conducts conferences with parents and teachers to resolve conflicts, discuss problems, share information and establish goals. Develops new parent involvement programs or projects to facilitate participation.
- Directs, supervises and implements educational programs by adapting curriculum, setting up committees, overseeing the selection and adaptation of instructional materials.
- Conducts a variety of educational administrative functions including coordinating the preparation of building level reports, monitoring budget reports, assisting in the coordination of school events/activities, preparing for and attending board meetings to discuss building level initiatives.
- Supervises and oversees the implementation of federally funded programs such as Title I, II and VI.
- Conducts formal and informal teacher evaluations to assess and evaluate instructional methods and techniques occurring in the classrooms. Offer advice, counsel and assistance to staff to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Serves on various District wide committees to offer assistance in developing new programs, developing new policies or initiatives to address the needs of students or organizational concerns.
- Develops building policies, disciplinary rules, and building procedures to implement district objectives and goals. Interprets district policies for staff and conducts staff meetings.
- Manages site student behavior management planning, interventions strategies and protocols utilized by staff to ensure a safe school environment and ensures due process rights of students.
- Performs other job related duties.
Requires a minimum of a Master's Degree in Educational Administration, three years administrative or leadership experience, and licensed or the ability to obtain a license from the Minnesota Department of Education as a Principal (K-12).
Equal Opportunity Employer