Posting dates: 5/18/12 through 5/24/12 or until filled
Hours: Monday through Friday 5.50 hours per day
Start date: September 4, 2012
Serve meals; set up serving lines and utensils; operate ovens, hot carts, steam tables and steamer; prepare meals; wash dishes and clean food service areas.
Essential job functions include the following:
- Assemble food supplies, measure ingredients and assist with preparation of meals according to specifications from the Cook Manager .
- Clean all food service equipment and preparation and service areas; wash dishes, pots, pans and utensils used in preparation and service of meal.
- Set up serving area and items for program participants.
- Assist Cook Manager with inventory and menu log.
- Serve food to program participants.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- In his/her absence, assume duties of Cook Manager.
- Attend workshops, in-services, conferences or organizational meetings for continued professional growth and training.
- Wash, dry and put away laundry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Understand and follow oral and written directions.
· Understanding of sanitation and safety practices related to handling and serving food.
· Ability to use standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements.
· Basic food preparation including washing, cutting and assembling food items and ingredients.
· Regular attendance.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
· Ability to interact with program participants and staff in a positive and professional manner.
Continuously stand, reach with one or both hands, lift up to 40-50 pounds; frequently twist, lift up to 40 pounds, push and pull up to 15 pounds; occasionally crouch, kneel, stoop.
$13.66 non-certified/probationary; $13.96 non-certified
$14.01 certified/probationary; $14.31 certified
(6 month probationary period)