Job Objective: Carries out the absent teacher's prepared lesson plans. Note: During a long absence as defined by board policy, the substitute may perform all duties identified in the absent teacher's job description as directed.
- Must have a valid Ohio Department of Education long term substitute license or teaching license
- Must have a clear BCI / FBI record
- WSI (Water Safety Instructor) Certification is required.
- CPR and AED Certification is required.
- Teaches classes as scheduled. Follows the absent teacher's written lesson plans. Consults with the principal and/or staff to resolve questions and/or concerns
- Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures. Promotes a professional image of the school district.
- Promotes effective communications and assistance. Uses problem-solving techniques to tactfully address questions/concerns. Refers policy interpretation inquiries to administrative staff.
- Reviews emergency procedures. Complies with building work schedules/hours. Works cooperatively with other teachers.
- Maintains accurate student attendance/absence records for covered assignments.
- Makes the absent teacher aware of special situations or problems encountered.
- Helps student take full advantage of the learning environment.
- Communicates expectations, provides guidance, and shows an active interest in student progress.
- Facilitates self-reliance, problem-solving, critical-thinking, creativity, and performance skills.
- Upholds the student conduct code. Implements effective pupil management procedures. Maintains a positive learning environment. Helps parents/students understand academic objectives, behavioral standards, and performance expectations.
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.