||Chief Of Police/Lt./Principal
||Open Until Filled|
|LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
||CP 4 (Auxiliary)|
The Police Service Officer is responsible for handling law enforcement matters and the maintenance of a safe and orderly school environment for students and staff, protect and secure all property, equipment, buildings, etc., located at the school campus, and enforcing School Board Policies and campus rules and regulations.
TEA certification requirements
High School Graduate or GED or College Degree
Must have completed the Texas Peace Officer's Academy and license exam issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standard and Education
Police Military, Institutional training (adult, juvenile) preferred
Must hold a current valid Texas Class "C" driver's license
Demonstrate ability to work effectively with youth as well as adults
Demonstrate ability to write an effective, correct and legible incident report in English
Five years of experience as a security officer or a police officer, preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Patrol and supervise hallways, rest rooms, entrance ways, parking lots, driveways, and other areas of the school.
- Monitors campus surveillance cameras.
- Report rule violations and offenders to school administrators.
- Monitor campus pedestrians and vehicular traffic day or night.
- Work with Police Officer to keep the building clear of people not on official school business.
- Inspect all doors, windows, parked cars or any suspicious conditions.
- Stop disturbances and undue distractions on school grounds.
- Assist law enforcement officers and complete affidavits as necessary.
- Participate in training and orientation as required.
- Confer with Police Officers on matters of concern, and notify authorities of any situation requiring attention.
- Prepare written reports of incidents, keep current on school laws and policies which affect students and staff.
- Officer may be reassigned at anytime as needed by the Chief of Police.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist in education of security personnel when the police officer is absent
- Flashlights, handcuffs, radios, district vehicles, uniforms
Mental Demands/ Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written), emotional control; exhibit rapid mental decision making ability to defuse disturbances or distractions
- Strenuous walking, standing, lifting, and or climbing, ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to control sudden violent or extreme physical acts of others and exhibit rapid mental and muscular coordination; may be subjected to adverse and hazardous conditions; work outdoors in varying climate conditions
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Signature of Employee Date
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.