Develops and provides direct services, technical assistance, and/or professional development in the area of curriculum methodologies and strategies with an emphasis in program improvement, professional development, and evaluation.
Bachelor's degree in Education required. Master's degree preferred. Teaching certification required.
Ability to develop, coordinate, and deliver professional development; Knowledge in a variety of methodologies and strategies. Leadership skills including organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills. Expertise in curriculum/instruction, professional development, and student identification.
Three years of classroom teaching experience required; Professional development experience preferred; Knowledge of a variety of teaching methods and techniques; Specific experience working with campus planning, school improvement strategies and struggling students.
ESC RESPONSIBILITIES/INTERANL OPERATIONS
1. Actively participates in activities designed to achieve the Region 9 Mission to improve student performance.
2. Works as a team member demonstrating flexibility, assisting other programs'/departments' staff members, and lending support to other ESC staff.
3. During contacts with districts and other agency personnel, speaks positively about the ESC and each individual staff/member.
4. Accepts responsibility for personal professional growth and review of current professional literature.
5. Functions within the policies and administrative procedures of Region 9 ESC.
6. Performs duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the ESC and accomplishment of the mission.
7. Ensures that the quality (neat, accurate, & thorough) and quantity (amount of work during a given amount of time) of work meets expectations necessary to fulfill the ESC Mission.
8. Demonstrates dependability and drive in completing work assignments without close supervision.
9. Commits to high attendance and exhibits punctuality.
10. Maintains appropriate records and correspondence.
11. Assists in the evaluation of program effectiveness.
12. Coordinates with other ESC Departments/Services.
1. Determines technical assistance and training needs through classroom visitation, interviews, contact with district personnel and other formal needs assessment methods.
2. Assists in identifying the needs of all campuses, with an emphasis on targeted/high priority campuses using all available data resources.
3. Provides technical assistance in effective teaching practices, areas of basic skills instruction (TEKS), and classroom management.
4. Provides technical assistance in district/campus improvement planning through a site based decision-making process.
5. Coordinates services delivered through federal and state grants in distance learning advanced academics, and web-based instruction.
6. Provides assistance to districts with curriculum, benchmarking, and assessing.
1. Develops, conducts, and/or coordinates professional development in effective teaching practices, areas of basic skills instruction (TEKS), and classroom management.
2. Develops, conducts, and/or coordinates professional development in alternative teaching models, and strategies for modifying instruction to meet individual needs of diverse learning.
3. Designs and produces professional development modules and related materials based upon established campus/district/regional need in support of effective programs.
Computer, distance learning technology, and other office/training equipment as required.
Ability to work without close supervision and exercise professional competency, discipline, and integrity; Maintain flexibility to manage multiple tasks while meeting critical time lines.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Occasional to frequent regional and overnight statewide travel; Occasional prolonged or irregular hours; Light to moderate lifting/carrying of equipment and materials.
Region 9 Education Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Region 9 ESC
301 Loop 11, Wichita Falls, TX 76306
(940) 322-6928 or email@example.com