The primary focus of the Learning Center Assistant is the day-to-day operations of the Learning Center, assisting students and staff in using
the Learning Center to its full potential.
- Assists with learning center instruction under the direction of the District Librarian.
- Works with individuals or small groups on prescribed learning center activities.
- Assists students in the use of learning center books, materials and equipment.
- Assists students in using the online library catalog and locating materials.
- Directs both large and small groups in learning center activities.
- Assists teachers in locating, selecting, and gathering materials.
- Conducts read alouds, story time and/or book talks.
- Assists the District Librarian in maintaining an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Maintains files, records, and data as directed by the District Librarian.
- Assists the Instructional Technology Assistant with maintenance and distribution of technology and equipment.
Apply online at www.bsd2.org and click on the Apply button