Deadline for Internal Bidders: 5/27/12 at 3:30 pm
POSITION: Program Assistant - Adventure Connection School-Age Care Program
LOCATION: Carver Elementary
STARTING DATE: ASAP
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8 hour split shift
SALARY: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed @ www.isd622.org) .
BENEFITS: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed @ http://www.isd622.org/) .
1. Two years post secondary education including relevant training and knowledge in such areas as: child development, child guidance, human relations, and recreational programming.
2. One year full time or equivalent part time experience working with youth Kidergarten-Fifth grades;
3. Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
4. A strong commitment to working with children as well as the ability to work well in a team setting is a must;
5. Enthusiastic, positive attitude;
6. Strong work ethic;
7. Ability to maintain high energy;
8. Ability to work independently, exercise mature judgment, and manage children's behavior in a positive manner;
9. Must be able to supervise children and fully participate in field trips and aquatic activities;
10. Experience developing, planning, and implementing activities for youth;
11. Experience providing leadership and work direction to staff;
12. Ability to work effectively with students, families, colleagues from a variety of ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
13. Ability to be flexible and work closely with other staff in a cooperative environment - open to occasional adjustments in work schedule.
14. Ability to convey qualities of warmth, sensitivity, enthusiasm, respect, and cooperation.
1. Knowledge of District 622 and the Adventure Connection program;
2. BA degree or currently working toward a degree in education, child development, recreation, youth development, psychology, or social work;
3. Experience working with children with a variety of needs in a school-age care program;
4. Current First Aid and CPR training.