Kent City Transportation
The Transportation Supervisor
is responsible for providing a safe and efficient transportation program. He/she is expected to have knowledge of and
provide leadership in the administration of all facets of transportation
including, but not limited to, employer/employee relations; routing techniques;
dispatch; student discipline; customer service; policy creation and
implementation; capital replacement; laws and regulations related to
transportation; and communication with schools and parents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains positive and effective communications with community and staff.
- Supervises and provides leadership in all aspects of the Transportation Department in a team environment.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and efficient program for bus route schedules(public and non-public schools, instruction and extra-curricular activities).
- Provides collaborative leadership in hiring, supervising, training and evaluating personnel.
- Administers a bus safety and discipline program.
- Assists with decision-making regarding the daily operation of the school district (i.e. inclement weather closing, disasters, utility outages and schedule changes).
- Ensures compliance and implementation of all district, local, state and federal regulations as applied to the Transportation Department.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Possess or ability to obtain MSBO or MAPT Certification. Five years previous experience in Pupil Transportation preferred.
- Prefer to be computer literate.
- Proven ability to review, analyze and summarize data and make critical decisions.
- Interpersonal skills and team building skills necessary to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to develop working knowledge of all state and federal transportation mandates as they relate to school student transportation.
- Ability to develop and teach school bus and other vehicle safety curriculum.
- Previous planning experience with ability to carry out action plans.