Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for the position of LIBRARY / MEDIA TECHNICIAN and/or LIBRARY PARAPROFESSIONAL at Multiple-sites. This position is for 180 days per year. Qualified Library Technician will have a starting pay range of $9.86-$11.04 depending on experience and education. Qualified Library Paraprofessional will have a starting pay range of $9.11-$10.20, depending on experience and education.
• Library Paraprofessional must meet proficiency on state approved paraprofessional exam or possess and AA Degree or the equivalency of two years of undergraduate college classes. The expectation would be that the person hired would pursue a Library Technician Certificate within 2-3 years.
• Library Technician must possess required library certification (or possess Colorado Teacher License, Elementary Education endorsement).
• Familiarity with general office machines and willingness to learn District-adopted computer hardware and software; willingness to learn District-adopted computerized library program
• Must be willing and able to work with students 1-1 or in large group situations, as well as possible inside and outside supervisor duties in inclement weather
• Demonstrate reliability in all work situations
• Present a professional appearance personally and in the work area
• Promote and maintain positive working relationships with peers, students, and the public
• Be knowledgeable about the job
• Always strive to stay on task and produce high quality work
• Model the District's Mission and Belief Statements
• Responsible for the inventory, control, upkeep and repair of all library materials and equipment
• Must maintain a positive atmosphere conducive to study and motivation
• Relate school-wide educational needs to book and media availability
• Under the direction of the Principal/Licensed Media Specialist:
- Relate school-wide educational needs to book and media availability
- Assist and directs computer instruction as it relates to the library
- Supervise and assist students assigned to the library with work from other classes and for purposes requested by the licensed media specialist and/or principal
- Supervise student assistants
- Schedule use of media supplies and equipment
- Assist with the budget for library supplies
- Assist with the purchase of library materials
- Provide literature appreciation and modeling, which may include reading aloud to students for scheduled classes
- Inspect and repair books/materials
- Maintain records, communicate with parents and students regarding lost or damaged books, and collect money for lost or damaged library books
- Advise students and teachers in research methods and selection of books and materials
- Meet the educational, physical and emotional needs of students assigned
• Responsible for computer instruction as it relates to the library
• Supervise and assist students assigned to the library with work from other classes and for purposes requested by the principal
• Supervise student assistants
• Schedule use of media supplies and equipment
• Responsible for budget for library supplies and for purchase of library materials
• Provide literature appreciation and modeling, which may include reading aloud to students for scheduled classes
• Inspect and repair books/materials
• Maintain records, communicate with parents and students regarding lost or damaged books, and collect money for lost or damaged library books
• Advise students and teachers in research methods and selection of books and materials
• Meet the educational, physical and emotional needs of students assigned
• Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
• Assist with supervisory, clerical or other job-related duties as assigned.
• Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language and comply with direction and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities.
• Knowledge of library operation and organization including Dewey Decimal System; familiarity with (or willing to learn expeditiously) the District-adopted computerized library program
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on a regular basis and physically capable of bending, stooping and sitting for sustained periods of time.
TO APPLY: Submit an application online at: www.canoncityschools.org. Inquiries may be directed to Ty Valentine, Director of Human Resources, Cañon City Schools, 101 N. 14th Street, Cañon City, Co. 81212. Applications must be complete to be considered, and submitted by Wednesday, May 29, 2012.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cañon City Schools is an equal opportunity education institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race color, national origin, sex, disability or sexual orientation. Cañon City Schools complies with Title IX.