Student Transporter Aide - Special Needs
Closes: until filled
Job Title: Student Transporter Aide
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
bus drivers in providing safe and efficient transportation to all
students so they can take advantage of the District’s educational
1. Assures orderly entrances and exit to and from buses.
2. Assists young or disabled students on and off of the school bus.
Responsive to the needs of special needs children according to the
transportation plan formulated in conjunction with the child’s
Individual Education Program.
4. Safely operates powered wheelchair lift equipment on special needs buses.
5. Correctly uses child and wheelchair restraint devices on special needs buses.
6. Assists the driver in effectively dealing with special need student’s discipline issues.
7. Maintains daily log to record drop-off and pick-up times as well as any other items that may occur during the duty period.
8. Effectively observes students to identify medical or health issues.
9. Maintains confidentiality of information according to prescribed guidelines.
Maintains a neat clean appearance in accordance with the District dress
code. Shoes will be of a closed-toe, closed-heel design that will not
interfere with performance of their duties.
flexibility of duty hours to accommodate various bus routes in support
of the Districts’ and other Alternative school-year schedules.
12. Assists bus driver in helping to keep the interior of the bus neat and clean. Assists with emergency bus cleaning.
13. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of this position.
1. High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
2. Capable of dealing with children including those with various special needs.
3. Must be able to pass Certified First Aide class.
4. Must be able to pass Certified CPR class.
5. Demonstrated physical stamina and health required of the position.
a. Must be able to climb and descend bus stairs without assistance.
b. Must be able to bend down in a kneeling/squatting position and stand up straight without assistance.
c. Must be physically able to assist in lifting wheelchairs and students.
d. Must be able to lift approximately 40 pounds.
Terms of Employment:
9 months, Part-time, 5 hrs per day, 5 days per week
Starting Salary: $9.10 - $9.47 per hour depending on experience
View original posting on employer site »