Job Title: Special Education Teacher Work Year: 2012/2013
Department: Montessori Charter School Hours Per Day: 3.75 (.5 FTE)
Reports to: Katie Torres Days Per Year: 187
Revision Date: May 21, 2012 Next Revision Date:
Provide specialized instruction, supports and services to students with disabilities, K-6 at Montessori Charter School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Differentiate instruction for students with disabilities according to student IEP.
2. Plan, organize, schedule, structure conducive learning environment
3. Regularly monitor student learning progress to evaluate effectiveness of the educational approaches, specialized instruction, supports and services and make adjustments as required.
4. Administer appropriate formal and informal assessments to evaluate academic success both from the IEP and within the general education classroom setting.
5. Develop and implement standards based, aligned IEPs.
6. Develop, use, and analyze data tools to support specialized instruction.
7. Consultation and collaboration with general education and other special education providers.
8. Professional communication with parents of students who have disabilities.
Education and Training:
- Must hold current Colorado Teaching License with appropriate special education endorsements to support the position.
- Familiarity with Montessori education preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Understanding of the IEP process and standards based education.
- Ability to utilize evidence based practices supporting specialized instruction.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Consultation and Collaboration.
- Ability to create and manage multiple schedules for staff and students.
- Leadership and collaborative skills to support paraprofessionals.
- Ability to coach and model support for paraprofessionals.
- Technology skills to support electronic IEP, student data systems.
To apply, a current resume, licensure details, and three letters of recommendation/reference to Katie Torres at email@example.com.