Brighton High School is currently seeking a Special Education teacher to provide direct instructional inclusion and assessment
services to students in Math with various types of
disabilities. Must be highly qualified to teach secondary math by: 1) completing 24 semester credits in Math, OR 2)
passing the PLACE or PRAXIS II exam in Math.
- Must have valid Colorado License - Special Education Generalist endorsement as required by Colorado Department of Education.
be "highly qualified" in secondary Mathematics, as defined
by the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB).
(Teaching endorsement, 24 credit hours in subject or must
have passed Content Area test.)
to coordinate and implement direct services utilizing functional
curriculum, transitional planning, and the use of augmentative
communication systems and systematic instruction techniques.
to work as a part of a teacher team in the development and direction of
the program including supervision of paraprofessionals and coordination
with related services staff and teachers within the high school.
- Ability to work with parents and agency personnel in coordinating needs for each student.
- Creativity and positive communication skills with the ability to problem solve effectively.
- Experience and/or knowledge working with students with disabilities at the high school level.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the implementation of inclusion
experiences for students with disabilities within the school setting and
Apply online at www.sd27j.org. Currently contracted teachers please use Internal
Application, upload a current resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years
previous work experience.
note: All job postings in School District 27J close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain