Position: Cashier at Tozer Primary School starting August 8, 2012. 3.0 hours per day, 173 days per year ~ no benefits. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and pass pre-employment testing.
Salary range 3 on Classified Salary Schedule: $9.40-$11.59 per hour based on work experience (based on 2011-2012 salary schedule). If already employed for the district and are transferred maximum salary placement will be 10 years.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Certification of good health.
Demonstrated aptitude for successful performance of assigned tasks.
Demonstrated ability in effective communication and interpersonal skills with a variety of
Demonstrated math skills, ability to prepare and maintain accurate records, accurate
money handling skills.
Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions.
REPORTS TO: Manager
Works as a team member to handle financial aspects of school NS program. Must relate well to people and create rapport with teenagers or young children. Must have the ability to perform repetitious tasks and still maintain work quality. Flexibility and the ability to work under multiple demands are required. Must be able to handle money efficiently and accurately and cashier as assigned.
· Maintains confidential active files of approved free and reduced applications. Preserves the confidentiality of free and reduced students.
· Collects money and sells tickets, maintaining accurate, financial, accountable records. Enforces elementary "charge" policy and requests payment for student meal charges.
· Cashiers during assigned times.
· Keeps an accurate daily record of meals served by price category providing records accountability for federal reimbursement claims. Performs daily edit checks.
· Prepares and delivers to the bank a deposit by meal or category (breakfast, lunch, preschool milk, etc.) of daily receipts. Assures daily deposits are made by 3 PM.
· Advises students and parents of past due accounts.
· Communicates with Manager and Director of Nutrition Services the numbers of meals served and funds collected.
· Completes reports (e.g., Monthly Cashier Composite Report, Daily Financial Accountability Report, etc.).
· Follows department guidelines when performing cashier duties. Fills out all required paperwork accurately and completely. Returns accurate change.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year and salary to be established by the Board of Education. Shall receive benefits of leave, retirement and the usual policies which apply to classified personnel.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board of Education's policy on evaluation of classified personnel.