Educational Support Center (ESC) Paraprofessional assists in the operation of
instructional or supportive services at the ESC. To
these tasks, the paraprofessional works closely with the staff and
administration of USD 260.
Responsible to: Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated typing and filing skills.
3. Experience in using various computers and
4. Valid driver's license.
6. Desire to continue career improvement.
1. Assist professional staff in instructional
or supportive services.
2. Ensure that all activities conform to
3. Communicate effectively with all members
of the school district and community.
4. React to change productively and handle
other tasks as assigned.
5. Appropriately operate all equipment and
machinery related to specific job duties.
6. Support the value of education.
7. Support the philosophy and mission of USD 260.
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Requires physical exertion to manually
move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects
3. Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling,
bending, turning, and reaching.
4. Requires climbing and balancing.
5. Must work in noisy and crowded
6. Must work in and around dust, fumes, and
1. Manage and maintain Make It Take It.
2. Perform specific instructional or related
tasks as directed.
Attend general staff meetings.
Maintain necessary records and perform general clerical
5. Answer telephones and deliver messages.
6. Set up displays and equipment.
7. Work effectively with students, teachers,
parents, community agencies, and other groups.
8. See that district policies are observed
during all activities.
9. Keep abreast of new information,
innovative ideas and techniques.
10. Obtain advance approval of the Assistant
superintendent of Curriculum and
Adhere to all district health and safety policies,
including all precautions of the Bloodborne pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
Other duties as assigned by the Assistant
Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction which are consistent with the
general requirements and qualifications
of the position.
Maintain and order supplies for Make It Take It.
Responsible for accounting and billing of non-district
Responsible for accounting and monthly building budget
reports for MITI usage.
Conduct Make It Take It inservice as needed.
Orders, purchases locally and delivers consumable
science materials for nine elementary schools and the Sixth Grade
Assists in the processing of media materials on SIRSI
Operates Xerox Docutech and Xerox 5100 to assist with
copy work when district graphic clerk has a heavy workload or is absent.
Maintains stock, inventories, and processes incoming
shipments and fills orders for K-5 textbooks for the district.
Maintains database on district technology survey.
Process and distribute incoming orders to the ESC.
Satellite set-up and copying of requested educational
Copying and dubbing videotapes for the district.
Coordinate discarding of textbooks/library books.
Operates RSI Survey card reader and Chatsworth card
Maintains calendar for ESC meeting facilities.
Assist other ESC staff as needed.