Notice of Vacancy
HOLLY AREA SCHOOLS
Full Time (1.0) Position
Proposed Start Date May 31, 2012
This position is AFSCME affiliated
Reports To: Deb
Assistant Mechanic reports to the Transportation Supervisor and is directed in
the daily tasks by the Head Mechanic. The Assistant Mechanic is responsible for
repairing and maintaining buses and other school vehicles.
- Must possess a high school diploma or
- Must demonstrate exemplary attendance.
possess and maintain valid driver's license and required certification.
possess an employment record free of serious and/or recent disciplinary action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and
maintain good working relations with fellow workers, supervisors,
administrators, teachers, parents and students.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks
required of this position.
- Must possess bus and truck mechanic tools.
- Minimum two years experience as a bus/truck
mechanic and possess heavy-duty certifications.
- Knowledge of and training in major and minor
repairs, overhaul and maintenance of busses, vehicles and mechanical equipment
of the types operated by the district.
- Pass a physical inspection as part of the
inspection process and yearly afterwards as required by law.
- Pass all drug and alcohol testing as required
- Successfully complete all necessary training
required by Michigan Department of Education.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and
respond to emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform
associated duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Head Mechanic; attend courses of
instruction on maintenance of busses, other vehicles and mechanical equipment;
perform major and minor bus repairs assigned by the Head Mechanic, without
supervision if necessary; complete all required bumping, painting, bodywork,
glass replacement, tire repair/replacement, radiator repair, alignment and
transmission work; operate the wrecker and provide road service when needed; be
prepared to drive a bus in an emergency; comply with all requirements of the
State Police bus inspection program; advise drivers on the operation of busses,
when necessary; perform other related duties as directed by supervisor and/Head
Posting Date – Wednesday, May
Application Deadline - 3:00
p.m. Friday, May 30, 2012
Submit letter of interest to Director Human
Resources, Administration Building
Complete registration procedure with Oakland Human
Resources Consortium (OHRC).
Holly Area Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer