Network and Telecommunications Administrator
JOB CODE: 5465
DEPARTMENT: Technology Services
SUPERVISOR: Technology Services Coordinator
DATE: August 22, 2011
Implement, maintain and troubleshoot District wide voice system. Responsible for all voice components and services including endpoints, call processing, gateway routers and servers. Assists in administration of district network services, devices and servers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs capacity planning, optimization and analysis for new/currently installed voice networks
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of E911 database and systems.
- Assist with configuration of voice related network devices including routers, switches and wireless devices.
- Perform upgrades to voice systems as needed.
- Maintains security and integrity of all voice network related hardware and software.
- Perform all add, move and change requests as needed.
- Ensure remote site resiliency and maintain necessary POTS equipment.
- Coordinate with service providers for changes necessary for voice circuits.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all voice related systems and services.
- Assist with configuration and maintenance of voice mail system and related hardware.
- Configure and maintain necessary software/hardware for network paging system and bell schedules.
- Provide input into the development and revision of district technology policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
- Coordinates and communicates tasks and activities with district help desk.
- Attends training programs at the direction of supervisor.
- Contact supervisors in an emergency and provide any assistance and time necessary to manage the situation.
- Assumes any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the supervisor and the supervisor may make any adjustment in the scope of responsibilities as outlined above which will be in the interest of the school district.
- All administrative actions must be in concert with the mission statement, beliefs, objectives, and parameters found in the strategic plan of the Rockford Board of Education.
Associates Degree in Computer Science and/or Microsoft Certification preferred. 3-4 years successful experience in a networking environment dealing with Microsoft 2000/2003/2008.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 will be required, adding/deleting users, managing user shares, managing networked laser printers and stand-alone units.
- Experience with Cisco networking and telecommunications equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Applicants are not required to complete the vacancy
form for this position