DEADLINE FOR INTERNAL BIDS: 5/29/12 at 3:30 p.m.
POSITION: Special Education Building Paraprofessional
LOCATION: Phoenix Academy in Maplewood
SCHEDULE: 3 hrs/day, 5 days/wk
HOURS: 9:00AM-12:00 noon
STARTING DATE: 8/27/12
WORK YEAR: 2012-2013
SALARY: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
FRINGE BENEFITS: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
- Two years of college or equivalent;
- Personal Care Assistant Training (Training must be completed prior to first student contact day);
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (Training must be completed prior to first student contact day);
- Able to lift 50 pounds and able to restrain students in emergency situations.
1. CPR and First Aid Training;
2. Special Education Paraprofessional Training;
3. Experience working with students with disabilities;
4. Good written and verbal communication skills;
5. Must be able to work one-on-one with individual students and with small groups;
6. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team;
7. Experience and/or training in behavior management.