Matteson School District 162 is seeking a math teacher for its middle school.
The candidates for these positions must be articulate, well-organized and very knowledgeable about school curriculum, instruction, staff development and staff evaluation. They must also have high expectations for themselves and their students and be energetic and enthusiastic in their attitude and approach. Teachers must also be highly qualified as determined by the Illinois State Board of Education and the Federal No Child Left Behind Standards and possess a current Illinois Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in middle school and mathematics.
Candidates for this position must have:
- A highly successful track record as a middle school math teacher
- Excellent organizational, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
- A high level of understanding and experience with data-driven and standards-based instruction
- Experience in designing instructional lessons tailored to the individual academic needs of students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collegial/collaborative approach with all members of the staff
- A proven track record of high student achievement
- A proven track record of maintaining high student attendance and discipline
- Expertise in assessing and evaluating student achievement
- Be knowledgeable of special education rules and regulations for compliance
- Excellent technological skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with staff, parents, board members and community
- High moral and ethical standards
Candidates must submit their resume, credentials, certificate number and at least 3 references.
Matteson ESD 162 is an equal opportunity employer.